Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year! (NOTD)

Happy New Year!

It's not quite 2012 yet- there are still a few hours left in 2011! But I can go ahead and post, right?

Sephora had an after-Christmas sale, and had the Hello Kitty Holiday 2011 Liquid Nail Art Collection (that's a mouthful) on sale! Each polish was $5, when they are normally $10. I picked up 2 of the 4 colors.

All four colors from this collection can be seen at The Lacquer Room: http://thelacquerroom.blogspot.com/2011/12/hello-kitty-by-sephora-noir-nail-polish.html. Here are the two colors I picked up:

Night Sparkle, and Silver Star

Today's NOTD will be of Night Sparkle. Night Sparkle is a gold shimmer in a black base. I wore it yesterday by itself. This is Sally Hansen 4 in 1, 2 normal coats of color (it almost got away with 1, 1 think coat would probably do it), and another coat of Sally Hansen 4 in 1. My appologies for the messy cleanup.... I was in a hurry. My pinky shows the color best.


Earlier today, I decided it needed a little bit more "New Years Bling". So I decided to sponge on some gold glitter french tips. The gold holographic glitter I used was Del Sol Twinkle Toes, from last year's holiday collection. When you go outside, it's supposed to change to red, but it was dark, so that really wouldn't work that well. So here is the finished product, topped off with Sally Hansen 4 in 1.


 I hope you had a great 2011, and have an even better 2012! Thanks for reading, have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Private School Polished! I read, respond, and cherish every single comment! Feel free to post any links to blogs you like, I would love to check them out!